Saturday, September 17, 2011

Winfield Campout


I had no problem setting up my tent by myself along the Walnut River here at the Walnut Valley Bluegrass Festival in Winfield, KS. It has rained all weekend which pretty much sucks for camping but I have stayed high and dry sleeping in the back of Edy. I just love my set up. The lows at night have been in the 50's but I'm almost too warm zipped up inside of my mummy sleeping bag.

I brought along a few luxury items this time to my campsite including a classy chandellier for inside of my tent (although there's no electricity) and a new ProBoil propane cooking system that works great for heating up water quickly for coffee, oatmeal, udon noodles (with prepared meatballs) making camplife complete and that much more enjoyable.






Although I love my tent, I still have a strong desire to own a "canned ham" retro camper like this one. It's adorable and if I had one it would be decked out in a Coronaville Cowgirl theme, for sure. Next year I will be sure to bring my bicycle as everyone rides around from campsite to campsite, to the stages scattered around and to the showers.


Note to self: I need to get myself a hitch bicycle rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment